BC Children’s Hospital is excited to host its 31st annual Miracle Weekend. Miracle Weekend is a two-day celebration, June 1-2, 2019, broadcast live on Global BC, that showcases the best of BC Children’s Hospital and celebrates the fundraising efforts undertaken by our community partners like RE/MAX throughout the year. Our RE/MAX agents will be leading the way as Miracle Makers, individually expanding their local fundraising programs and setting up a remote telethon program that allows you to continue to participate through their efforts. Please support them through their online giving pages and when they give you a call. Your donation helps equip the hospital with the tools designed for a child’s body, and fill it with experts who specialize in the care of children. It also enables us to conduct innovative research right here on campus, so that the discoveries of today can become the treatments of tomorrow.
Please feel free to donate to my website miraclemaker.ca/IanLindsay or a local Children’s Hospital in your community across Canada. With your support we can define what’s possible in children’s health care!
Some key facts in BC:
- Provided expert care for 93,000 infants, children & youth each year
- 7,900 visits were from Vancouver Island
- 2017/18 – 48,676 emergency dept visits, 8,402 operating room visits, 5,874 surgical daycare visits
- Has the first portable digital x-ray machine in BC, allowing high quality digital x-ray images to be taken of patients in an instant, right at their bedside
- One in every 100 children is born with heart disease and most of them are treated at BC Children’s Hospital
- 1000+ researchers on our campus work tirelessly to discover new treatments
- 67 per cent of patients seen every year at BC Children’s Hospital come from areas outside the city of Vancouver
- Since 1988, British Columbians have contributed more than $200 million through Miracle Weekend fundraising campaigns for the urgent needs at BC Children’s Hospital