Buying A Home
The decision to buy a home is both an emotional and an intellectual decision. While it definitely can be a lifestyle decision the reality is that it is also a major investment decision. It is important to look at the bigger picture and we are there to advise you along the way.
Our approach in assisting prospective buyer clients is to ensure that they are presented with a balanced view with which they can reflect on their lifestyle preferences ‘The Needs and Wants List’, neighbourhood priorities and importantly the financial side – the value for the money brought about by the choice of location, builder and other financial related factors.
All have a bearing on the true value associated with a home purchase. Bottom line: Our consultative services are based on the premise of finding the right home for you. Our relationship based reputation is a testimony to our more strategic long term investment consultative approach.
Some tips on buying a home
- Take the time to write down what you think that you want and need. Then revise accordingly.
- Look first for neighbourhoods rather than houses. The right deal in the wrong location just complicates life in general.
- If moving from a distant or different lifestyle /area as in bigger city take the time to get a feeling for the various communities under consideration
- Learn that distances are looked at differently in smaller communities and rural areas.
- Walk a few blocks in neighbourhoods of interest.
- There is a lot of information out on the Internet and elsewhere. Lindsay and Associates are pleased to provide the long term advice and support services that are important to you finding the home that is best for you.
- Know where you stand financially. Involve the right group of financial advisers to obtain the best value in mortgage opportunities. We can assist.